A geocaching history scavenger hunt experience at Fort George! Whether you want to build your corporate team, or make some great multi-generational family memories, this experience offers many possibilities.
Geocaching uses GPS coordinates and either handheld GPS units or smartphones to direct participants to information, clues, and answers onsite.
Available weekends in May and June, and any day in July and August. Start time after 10 a.m. and before 3 p.m.
Total time: Approximately 2 hours
How it Works
- Book in advance by emailing us at email@example.com.
- Upon arrival, meet with one of our historical Interpreters, who will provide you with the Experience Kit and a brief orientation.
- The Experience Kit includes instructions, coordinates for caches located about the site, questions to be answered, note pads, and a prize for the winner. You decide what winning looks like.
- Fire pit and picnic tables will be available to gather at for the final tally and sharing your experiences.
GPS units are required for this experience. There are 3 options.
- Two handheld GPS units are available onsite and require a $200 deposit.
- You can use your own handheld GPS unit.
- You can use smartphones with geocaching apps downloaded on them. Two popular free ones are: Geocaching by Groundspeak, and C:geo by c:geo team.
- Download your apps before arrival, as cellphone signal is weak onsite.
- Coordinates can be provided after payment and in advance of your booking to speed up coordinate entry.
$70 includes admission for up to 10 participants. Additional participants pay regular admission.
To book your Geocaching History Scavenger Hunt Experience, contact our Program Coordinator.